You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hello Handsome!

I had a very busy weekend.  Saturday morning Jon and I decided to go to the auction - it was a last minute thing.  I didn't even make a reservation in advance.  I told Jon the night before that we had to go to the auction to "look around" as an high end furniture store was going out of business.  I got online and browsed the items.  I was after a headboard, a console table and a bench...no luck with those items.  However, I scored the deal of the day!!! I got this handsome grandfather clock for $95!!  Yes, only ninety-five dollars!!  I felt the adrenaline rush when I heard the word "SOLD!"  

Picking up the clock @ the auction.

I really like the distressed look.

Welcome Home, Handsome.

One more pic...just for kicks.
   

What have you scored at the auction? 

I am linking with:

Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing: Newbie Party

Dittle Dattle: Amaze Me Monday

Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia: Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesdays

Finding Fabulous: Frugalicious Friday

Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Feature Friday

French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday

Southern Hospitality: End of August Thrifty Treasures


til next time...

12 comments:

  1. wow I can't believe your luck. Is there any better feeling than a bargan like that? great buy! donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKY!!! What a great buy!

    visiting from Debbiedoos

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the clock!! I would love to have one of those.. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous clock Sandra...looks great in your home. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific find! Love the thrill of an auction, and that piece is a winner. Just Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays party, and would love for you to come show off something you bought, did, or created Before Blogging. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the clock!!
    I now a follower...fellow Texan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great grandfather clock and at a terrific price too! You are a good shopper!

    I hope you will bring one of your projects to my first Potpourri Friday Party this week - Friday, September 2. Link-up starts on Thursday afternoon. Without a doubt, your participation will help make the party better!

    Another fellow Texan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great clock and great price. Love it. Go to lightinguniverse.com and type in Quorom lighting in the search box and you will find the same chandy I got at the same price. I bought mine at a local lighting store, but you can buy it on line, too. They also have a six light one and I think they are free shipping. Can't beat that price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice clock... and you did a great deal on it! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations! very nice piece, indeed a handsome clock. Gives a home a sense of history - something about those large beautiful clocks. Wanted to pop in and meet you and your pretty blog. Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful comment, I really appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week - Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have a bargain for sure. It is wonderful. Don't you just love the surprises at auctions. You just never know what you will find.
    Your newest follower,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have fainted over the clock. Love it!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can't wait to follow you and see what you've got going on!

    ReplyDelete

{I love reading your comments!}